AHECB Concurrent Reauthorization
When: May 31, 2020Details:
According to ADHE concurrent policy, approved institutions can offer concurrent enrollment for a period up to seven years, once approved. All programs were given 5 year approvals.
The request for AHECB CEP reauthorization must include documentation of the following:
1. A current Memorandum of Understanding with each high school with whom the college/university desires to offer concurrent enrollment.
2. A current list of concurrent courses offered by course name, number (i.e.ENGL 1013), the ACTS course number, and any pre-requisites courses.
3. By academic discipline, a description of the process for assuring that concurrent course content satisfies the requirements of the college/university academic unit.
4. A current list of concurrent instructors offering courses for concurrent credit including a statement that each instructor meets the minimum requirements for instruction as required by AHECB and the academic department offering the concurrent credit.
5. An explanation of how grades are awarded and recorded with the college/university Registrar.
6. An analysis of student success, persistence, and retention data to determine to what extent concurrent credit courses are leading to student success for the three years prior to the reauthorization request year.
The information for continued authorization must be submitted to ADHE by June 1 before the expiration date of AHECB CEP initial authorization.
We will discuss this item with the Chief Academic Officers (CAOs) at our September meeting.
As a result. the aforementioned items will be due before May 31, 2020 for Fall 2020.